Tuesday, June 2, 2009

One more monkey added to the bunch!

Caden Spencer Hart
Born: Thursday May 28th @ 2:06pm
8 lbs 14 oz (a.k.a. TANK) 20 in

On thursday morning I went in at 7:00 am to be induced (one week early). They started me on the pitocin and things were going just fabulous! I got an epideral when I was dialated to almost a 5 and could not feel a thing! So things were progressing just great at a great speed. My nurse came in to check me and I was at a 7. She had to be somewhere else and had another nurse come in to check me not long after she checked me. I had told her that once I hit a 7 or 8 to keep a close eye on it because it doesn't take long once I hit that point. So the other nurse comes in and checks me...I am an 8. She was having trouble finding the baby's heart rate so she just waited for my nurse to come back. My nurse hurries in, checks me again and I am a 10, 100% efaced and the baby is in major distress. She tells me to start pushing ASAP. She runs out of the room, tells them to call for my dr. and the resperitory nurses from the nursery. I don't really know what is going on, I am just focused on pushing this baby out. Within a matter of seconds he was here! He was delivered by my nurse, another nurse and a midwife that was standing in the hall. My dr. couldn't make it in time. He got there right as all the commotion was over. Luckily my nurse was fabulous and knew what she was doing. She did a great job of keeping us calm. Because he came down so fast the umbilical cord got stuck around his neck. I went from being dialated to an 8 and him being born in just a few minutes. He was VERY pale and having trouble breathing. They actually took the oxygen off me and gave it to him right away! Then he started to cry, then I started to cry! It was such an intense and scary situation that I was just so happy to hear him cry. They let me hold him for a few seconds and then took him away to make sure everything was ok. After all the excitement, he is very healthy and doing great.

Yes, I am just as in shock as you are.....8lbs 14oz! We have nicknamed him TANK!


First family photo together. The kids are really good with the baby. I have been surprised by how well everything is going....so far! They are great helpers and love to be right by his side.

Caleb is so proud! Anytime Caden cries Caleb runs right over to him and says, "it's ok little buddy, Caleb's here" (well, that is what he says most of the time) The first day we got home Caden did a little whimper, not even a cry and Caleb says, "oh my gosh, I can't take this anymore" HAHA

We think he looks just like Brandon. He is going to be a big kid. He has very large hands and feet. Basketball....here we come!




Because of all the commotion in the hospital Brandon was not able to be there for his first bath to take pictures. So we took some at home.




We are so excited Caden is here and can't wait to watch him learn and grow. Welcome to the family!!
Check back often for pictures and updates. We have some family with more pictures and will post those as we get them.

16 comments:

Sara said...

congratulations you guys!
he's adorable!!!

Celeste said...

YAY!!! Oh my - he's SOOOO cute! I love the newborn-ness! Congrats!

Jenny and Al said...

Congratulations!! He is so adorable! Good luck with these upcoming weeks.

Wendy said...

Congrats Amanda! So glad that he and you are going great.

Jacob said...

I am so glad everything went well in the end. I feel for what you went through. He is beautiful!
Anna dobson

Anonymous said...

He is adorable!! We can't wait to meet him. Congrats!

JoDell said...

Congratulations! He's perfect! I'm glad Amanda and Caden are doing well after that intense birth. And I love the name--very cute.

Kevin and Jamie said...

He is beautiful! I am glad that everything went well in the end!! Congrats!!

andy'n'jess said...

Amanda he is adorable! Congratulations, that would be scary. I'm glad everything turned out well. Can't wait to see more pictures! You look wonderful, take care!

Holland Family said...

Hart family, we are so excited for you all! What a handsome young man! We are so grateful that things ended up well for you. We completely understand how crazy it can get! We love you and look forward to seeing more pictures and hearing more stories!

April said...

Man, I got distressed just hearing your story! How very scary! I'm *SO* glad things went well in the end. I really like Caden's name. He has such nice eyes already. Cute Tank!

CONGRATUFREAKINLATIONS, YOU GUYS!

I'm so happy for your new little monkey.

Crystal said...

Hooray! Congratulations! You look great! He is HUGE! :) Glad he made it here and all is well!

Sara and Collin said...

Oh, he is precious. I laughed real hard when Caleb said he couldn't handle the crying anymore. Funny!

The Campbells said...

Congrats on your new little guy! He is such a cutie! I love his name and you look great!!

AMY said...

Congrats! What a cute little "Tank"!

Padilla Fam said...

oh i love your blog header picture! what a lovely beautiful family-you guys makes beautiful kids! congratulations! i love the name caden. pretty scary experience about the oxygen-i'm glad everything was fine afterwards.